Counter Strike: Global Offensive
• Operation Vanguard has come to a close.
• Train has been added to the Active Duty map pool.
• Nuke has been moved to the Reserve map pool.
• Smoke grenades are now more reliably kept track of on the client to prevent mismatches between smoke particle visuals and screen overlay visuals.
• Fixed players being able to double stack inside a smoke to peek out of the top (and be really hard to see from outside the smoke).
• Updated expiration of the smoke screen overlay to match more closely to the visuals of when the third person particles expire and vice versa.
• Updated the vertical position slightly of the smoke particles to reduce seeing though edges of the smoke (particularly at the bottom).
• Fixed spectator sometimes not getting the smoke overlay for the player they are spectating when that alive player is inside smoke.
• Improved spawnpoint selection code to not spawn at occupied spawn points or spawn points of a different team.
• Tagging values have been tweaked slightly to increase tagging on higher mobility weapons, and updated values for tagging on multiple hits to make it more effective (Added a guide to explain how tagging works: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=412879303
• Increased price of the M4A1-Silencer from 3100 to 3200 to align the weapon’s price with its utility.
• Increased Tec-9’s damage fall-off to reward players that close engagement distance.
• Lowered Tec-9’s magazine size to 24 to reward more discriminate firing.
• Lowered scoped movement values for AWP and Autosnipers.
• The accuracy of the MP9, MP7, and Mac-10 have been improved.
• Trade up contracts work on StatTrak weapons.
• There is now a StatTrak swap tool available for purchase. It swaps the StatTrak value between two of the same weapon.
• Fixed the server browser showing the map workshop path in the “Map” column.
• Added a sortable column to the server browser to display whether a server is running a map from the workshop or not.
• Added a sortable column to the server broswer that displays icons for popular game mods running on that server.
• Server browser will save the layout changes made between game sessions.
• Updated the first time server browser pop up message.
• Fixed scoreboard hiding at match end when you bring up a player’s Steam profile.
• Added a game option in team options section to control whether lobbies get created with public access or private requiring invites for friends.
• Added Flavor Text to the Bank collection.
• Add surround sound support (quad/5.1) on Linux.
• Marked nav commands as a cheat to protect against potential server exploits.
• Chicken kills are now logged in CS event logs on game servers including attacker and weapon information.
• HE grenade detonations are now logged in CS event logs prior to logging player deaths from corresponding HE grenade explosion.
• Added sv_reliableavatardata 2 game server setting for LAN tournaments production. In this mode the game server will load player avatars from corresponding csgo/avatars/76512345678-.rgb files (or csgo/avatars/default.rgb if the corresponding SteamID avatar is missing), and avatars will be recorded in GOTV demos. To produce avatars rgb files tournament operators can place 64×64 png player avatars as csgo/avatars/76512345678-.png and run the client-side command cl_avatar_convert_rgb to convert all 64×64 png files into rgb format.
• Optimized the process of logging in players to matchmaking backend during game updates.
• Opened up skybox around Long A double doors, Catwalk and Short
• Improved visibility around blue car in Long A
• Fixed render distance on a crate in CT spawn
• Opened up skybox around back of apartments
• Simplified sides of CT sniper window in mid
• Raised cover slightly in upper mid
• Fixed visibility through a crate in Bombsite A
• Opened up and simplified Bombsite A
• Added back stairs to pit near Bombsite A
• Opened up semi-open door in bathrooms, fountain side
• Smoothed out movement in Bombsite B
• Removed corner on left side of T tunnel into Bombsite B
• Haystack near Long A now requires a jump to get on top
Train (Thanks c0tton and adreN!)
• Various optimizations
• Removed collision at top of ladders
• Pushed Bombsite A further back towards CT side
• Added a third train car to A site to reduce amount of long sightlines
• Added a peek-position inside T main
• Opened up area on the left side of T main exit
• Moved dumpsters in Ivy
• Raised crane in Bombsite A
• Blocked extremely tight angle from lower CT ramp towards T ramp in Bombsite B
• Prioritized CT spawn positions
• Fixed an exploit boost at A
• Added a decal indicating the boundaries of the A bombsite’s plantzone
• Made white tarps on crates more spammable (Thanks Mod645!)
• Fixed shadows casting into A main shed from boost spot
• Improved readability from middle to A site container
• Added back to map rotation